There are several egg substitutes but they vary in their leavening ability:
1 egg = 2 Tbsp. potato starch
• 1 egg = 1/4 cup mashed potatoes
• 1 egg = 1/4 cup canned pumpkin or squash
• 1 egg = 1/4 cup puréed prunes
• 1 egg = 2 Tbsp. water + 1 Tbsp. oil + 2 tsp. baking powder
• 1 egg = 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed simmered in 3 Tbsp. water
• 1 egg white = 1 Tbsp. plain agar powder dissolved in 1 Tbsp. water, whipped, chilled, and whipped again
Can substitute non dairy products for dry milk & buttermilk. To make a vegan buttermilk:
Place 1 tablespoon lemon juice, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, or white vinegar in a measuring cup.
Add enough non-dairy milk (of your choosing) until it reaches the 1-cup line; stir with a fork or whisk.
Allow mixture to rest for 5-10 minutes until thickened. Makes 1 cup “buttermilk”.